Exotrail is a French based start-up disrupting the space industry and is at the forefront of the new global space movement. Over the last 10 years, the cost of access to space has been divided by 1000. Private companies are investing billions of dollars to develop constellations of small satellites to deliver Internet everywhere, IoT communication and very high revisit rate Earth observation services. Small satellites are fundamentally changing the way we operate in space.
Our vision at Exotrail is to be a pioneer in this global movement and help build an agile space. We are developing propulsion and operation technologies for small satellites and have the smallest Hall Effect Thruster in the world. Thanks to our electric propulsion system and unique operation software, our small satellites can change their orbit after launch - this new agility increases performance whilst lowering costs.
Exotrail launched in 2017 and has secured over 6M€ from prestigious Venture Capital funds and public grants. Our team consists of over 20 engineers, scientists and individuals who are passionate about disrupting the space industry. We operate out of two locations: Toulouse and the Massy region of Paris.
We believe this is only the beginning. Small satellites equipped with propulsion will be able to deliver new space services and will entirely disrupt the space industry by servicing, repairing, assembling and manufacturing spacecrafts directly in orbit. Join us and be part of our great ambition!
Your work will include:
• Improve the 2D/3D visualization;
• Implement the user interface for new maneuvers: inputs and results rendering;
• Improve the user experience;
• Be proactive and propose new ways of handling data;
• Add new elements for system modelling in backend;
• Support to the space mechanics engineers to implements maneuvers in backend;
• Improve the frontend and backend robustness thanks to unit tests and code coverage.
Additionally you could take part to any part of the software development, depending on your wishes and skills :
• Improve the DevOps chain;
• Animate agile workshops.
It is a very good opportunity to work with new technologies (Vue.js, Springboot, MongoDB, Git, GitLab), and to participate to the full architecture of a software. You will benefit from a strong technical supervision to master each step.
You will be directly under the supervision of the software engineer and will report to the Chief Scientific Officer.
• Technical profile in a software development track leading to a MSc in Software Development or the equivalent. Ideally the internship must be during a gap year or be the final internship before graduation.
• Very good soft and presentation skills (technical documentation, assumptions, oral presentation). You must be able to work with a great autonomy.
• English proficiency and a basic French level.
• Strong reporting and organizational capabilities, and a desire to work with a very dynamic and ambitious team
You should be passionate about software development and entrepreneurship and ready to work in a very demanding environment – with the immense reward of being directly part of a very ambitious project!